Saturday, October 20, 2007

Bathroom Woes

Have you ever noticed that when one thing breaks then others seem to follow? During the week our shower started leaking somewhere behind the wall, this water was going down through the wall and into our sons room in the basement. He came to us and said, "Did you know the bathtub is leaking because I have a puddle of water in my floor?" Well, when this was checked the water had landed on his built in entertainment center, run across the top and down into the floor. So, Lewis, my husband checked the shower looking in the small opening that was left near the floor, he couldn't see everything associated with the shower so he had to tear the wall out, which meant removing the shelves in the closet and tearing the wall out. The piece that was leaking was the flange to the shower, apparently the owners that built the house decided to use plastic and it wore out. Once this piece was removed the toilet handle broke, so off to Lowes we went to buy all the necessary parts. Today Lewis is in the bathroom fixing the broken parts and now, since the closet looked terrible he is painting the walls and shelves and once this dries maybe I can put everything back and have my bathroom again. While he has been holed up in the bathroom I have been cleaning the house, cleaned out the fridge and started washing clothes but doing all this work just makes me want a shower even more...LOL You don't know how much you miss having an operational bathroom until it starts to fall apart!!

2 comments:

AZZITIZZ said...

Ha! Leaks!
Go see my blog, 32 litres of fish-poo water in lounge, Husband in A & E, heating broken, shower broken, bulging ceiling in the dining room etc..etc..
But you just gotta laugh, haven't you? Waaaaaah!
:)

mom2five said...

LOL When it rains it pours! I fully understand this one! Just be glad you have a hubby that can fix it! My shower has been non-operational for 4 years! So I have one of those hand held shower things attatched to my bathtub! LOL
Michelle