Saturday, October 20, 2007

Release

It is Saturday morning and we are already over half way through Ocotober, this year has flown by, at least for me. I had this weird dream Thursday night in which I actually dreamed of having my own blog site that would benefit me but also may benefit other people. I'm not a counselor, nor a psychiatrist, I am an ordinary, hard working person that has "life" problems just like everyone else does. I hope people will use this blog to feel better. I came up with "Release" because sometimes we all need to just "talk" about things that are going on in our lives without someone making us feel like we are stupid or making us feel like whiny babies. I'm hoping you will use this blog to get things off your chest with your comments, lift the world off your shoulders and make you feel a little better, or make you feel a little happier. Let me give you a little information about me:I am a 39 year old female from Brookneal, Virginia. I work for the Transporation Department as a Construction Inspector. In my 39 years of life I have been through the death of my Papa when I was 4, mental illness in my family where my parents both tried to commit suicide, at different times and in different years. I watched both my parents struggle to find jobs so we could have food on the table and then sometimes there was only enough food for us kids or for just the 2 younger kids, there were years that we didn't have gifts for Christmas, just an orange and maybe a pair of socks. At 13 I volunteered at a Nursing Home, there was an elderly lady there that had broke her hip and could go home but needed a caregiver, so since her and I were so close she wanted me to live for her 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for $75.00 a week for approximately 2 - 3 months, my parents agreed and this is what I did using the money I received from her for school clothes. I got married as soon as I turned 15, had my first child at 16 and 5 months, my second child at 18 and my third child at 20. I have been through divorce, remarried, have 3 step-kids, and 2 grandkids. I have been through deaths in the family, health issues with myself and family, bankruptcy, weddings, heartache, heartbreak, confusion, happiness, sadness, depression and more. This is just a few of things I have personally been through.That is just a little taste of the ups and downs in my life, some happy, some sad, some joyful, some painful, but all in all that's what life is all about. I just wish I would have had a place years ago to go to and get some "release."

1 comment: