Monday, October 22, 2007

Summer got her ears pierced!!

Yesterday was a good day, busy but good that is until we had to go get groceries. Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind going to the grocery store but not when people decide to just stand in the middle of the aisle, talk to each other and block the whole floor. The bad thing is when you try to go around them you say excuse me and they look at you like you have just committed murder...GEEZ. At least this is how the Walmart in the "Burg" is but we have started going to the Walmart in Altavista, this one is laid back and not to many people either...YAAYY!!

My daughter had to work yesterday and her soon to be ex had the lil princess (my granddaughter Summer) so I went to pick her up and as soon as she saw me is was "Nana, Nana" just as sweet. We get her settled in the truck and go to Walmart. I head straight to the Jewelry counter, cause my daughter and I decided we were gonna get her ears pierced, and asked the lady if she could pierce her ears, of course she said yes.

She gets the kit together and I sit down in the chair holding Summer, she starts by cleaning her ears off. Well, Summer is ticklish on her ears and started squirming and trying to get her head down on her shoulder, of course the lady thought this was cute. After cleaning her ears she gets tries to mark her ears, of course Summer is squirming again. The whole time I am thinking, man I hope she don't do this when she starts to pierce them. Finally.....the lady gets the plastic contraption and has no problem with the first hole but oh do we have a problem with the second one. Princess knew exactly what was gonna happen so I had to get hubby to hold her right arm down while I held the left one while trying to hold her head. Click, and it is over, thank heavens.

It wasn't that it hurt the little one but she just didn't want that thing on her ear cause when the second earring was in she was fine and wanted to "look." We paid the lady and took her around to look at the Christmas stuff, you wouldn't have even known she just got them pierced. We finally got our groceries, which was the easy part and came home. My problem with getting groceries is I HATE to put them away, so basically I get them out of the bag and have hubby put them up. Once this is finished we can finally relax and eat supper. Of course this consisted of a sub from Subway cause neither one of us wanted to cook last night.

All in all it was a good day and not to stressful.

No comments: